Debbie Gipson, MS, MD
- University of Evansville, Evansville, IN; BS
- University of Washtington, Seattle, WA; MSPH
- Indiana University School of Medicine,
Indianapolis, IN; MD
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)
- Chronic Kidney Disease and Neurodevelopment
- Patient Reported Outcomes
- Longitudinal Cohorts
- Clinical Trials
- Translational Research
Gipson DS, Trachtman H, Kaskel F, Radeva M, Gassman J, Greene T, Moxey-Mims M, Hogg R, Watkins S, Fine R, Middleton J, Vehaskari VM, Hogan SL, Vento S, Flynn P, Powell L, McMahan J, Siegel N, Friedman A. Clinical Trial of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in children and young adults. Kidney International. 2011 Oct;80(8):868-78.
Trachtman H, Vento S, Gipson D, et al. Novel Therapies for Resistant Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FONT) Phase II Clinical Trial: Study Design. BMC Nephrology 2011, 12:8
Trachtman H, Fervenza FC, Gipson DS, Heering P, Jayne DRW, Perico N, Peters H, Remuzzi G, Rump LC, Sellin L, Heaton J, Streisand J, Ledbetter S, and Vincenti F. A Phase 1, Single-Dose Study of Fresolimumab in Patients with Treatment-Resistant Primary Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis. Kidney International; 2011; 79(11):1236-43.
Gipson DS, Trachtman H, Kaskel F, Radeva M, Gassman J, Greene T, Moxey-Mims M, Hogg R, Watkins S, Fine R, Middleton J, Vehaskari VM, Hogan SL, Vento S, Flynn P, Powell L, McMahan J, Siegel N, Friedman A. Clinical trials treating focal segmental glomerulosclerosis should measure patient quality of life. Kidney International 2011 Mar;79(6):678-85.PMID:21219201
Lande, M, Gerson, A, Hooper, S, Cox, C, Matheson, M, Mendley, S, Gipson, D, Wong, C, Warady, B, Furth, S, Flynn, J. Casual Blood Pressure and Neurocognitive Function in Children with Chronic Kidney Disease: A Report of the Children with Chronic Kidney Disease Cohort Study. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol, 6 (8):1824-30, 2011.
- After pediatric residency, Dr. Gipson was a pediatrician in the National Health Service Corps.
- From medical school to the present day, she has had the privilege to work and volunteer on behalf of children around the globe.